How is mental health billing different from medical billing?
Psychiatrist unlike a general physician or any specific medical specialist serves its patients differently. While other healthcare professionals perform surgeries, a psychiatrist counsels the patients through therapy sessions. Hence, while undoubtedly insurance claim is a hassle for the general health practitioner, but having to prove the time taken in the treatment to the insurance company is even more daunting for the mental health care service provider. Nature with which the patients of behavioral health problems are looked after and how these patients receive the insurance coverage is different from other healthcare services.
Why should behavioral healthcare provider choose specialty-specific medical billing and coding service provider?
- Every healthcare sector has a different set of billing protocols. Instead of going for a general medical billing service provider, it would be advantageous to you if you hire a provider who has a profound knowledge of addiction and substance abuse laws and has demonstrable experience in these specific billing procedures
- A specialty specific medical billing service will mitigate any hindrance to the growth and expansion of your behavioral health practice which can be intricate considering the fractional nature of services. Specialty-specific medical billing with boost productivity, patient engagement and reduces the administrative burden along with the cost of operation.
- Since a specialty specific medical billing provider will have more experience sorting out the billing processes of the particular department, there is no possibility of staff-errors.
- Experts who have been looking after billing and coding of behavioral health practices will help streamline and speed up the flow of revenue, while simultaneously providing analytics reports all the operations.
- Behavioral health medical billing providers like Medphine provide billing and coding services that comply with the standard guidelines set by HIPAA ensuring supreme privacy from fraud and abuse.
- Specialty-specific billing providers, with their expertise and proficiency, know how each second wasted in the collection, bill generation, documentation can impact the revenue cycle. They will provide integrated tools to optimize financial performance, reduce denial probability, to save more time and money.
Behavioral health service providers face a host of unique challenges that are unknown to other healthcare professionals.
It would be in your best interest if instead of trying to go about the account receivables, following up the denial claim and wasting time in billing and complex coding, you outsource a specialty-specific billing and coding services provider like Medphine. We understand how time is of the essence in heat care division and hence ensure timely adequate reimbursement so that you can give proper therapy sessions to all your patients.